I spike a temp of 103-104.5 every 8-12 weeks with no other symptoms except for acidic stomach. It lasts 1 day or so and am left feeling very weak. ?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Unusual

Their is something known as relapsing fever, but this is often due to a parasitic infection.
Have you traveled outside of the United States within the last 12-24 months? You need to get this evaluated very quickly. My thought is simply one of what is very likely an extremely large medical differential for cause. No diagnosis can be given off the internet. An id specialist might help.

In brief: Unusual

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
2 comments
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Start with an Infectious Disease specialist who could perform an in-depth blood culture analysis. Also consider a Rheumatologist as you might have an autoimmune disease. If you have not seen a GI specialist that might also be a possibility. In medicine when we hear hoof beats we have to think horses, with your weird symptoms we have to start thinking of zebras.
Dr. Steven Machtinger
The fever of relapsing fever, caused by a tick or louse bite, recurs every 3-18 days, average 7 days. Your fevers are too infrequent for relapsing fever. Periodic fevers are rare, inherited autoinflammatory disorders. That just might be the zebra to which Dr. Mutnick is referring.
Dr. Jane Van Dis