Stepped in a hole and twisted my foot. cant put pressure on my foot flat but i can walk on my heel. pain is at about a 7 at resting. Theres swelling?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Severe disruption.

Swelling is certainly a sign that something is amiss.
There is a distinct possibility that you may have severely damaged your foot in mid arch area. Without an evaluation to assess the damage, it is impossible to say. Initial treatment should be using the "RICE" protocol. Rest, Ice, Compression and elevation. I suggest that you move to have an immediate examination of the injury.

In brief: Severe disruption.

Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith

In brief: Ligamentous injur

The mechanism of injury could cause ligamentous injury most likely anterior talofibular ligament.
You should see a doctor for a clinical examination and depending on their findings they might refer you for an x ray of the ankle as well as an ultrasound of the ankle

In brief: Ligamentous injur

Dr. CHARLENE CECILE DE GREEF
Dr. CHARLENE CECILE DE GREEF
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine