My teenage son has skin peeling on the bottom of his foot/toes as well as a red bump on top near his toes that hurts, could it be athletes foot?

Usually. Athletes foot involves BOTH feet...If this rash is ONE SIDED . consult a Dermatologist!!!

Hope this helps

Dr Z.
Could Be. It's possible to be an athletes foot infection. I would try a combination of over the counter antifungal and topical steroid. If no improvement see a Podiatrist or Dermatologist.