I am a high myope . Can I do lasec surgery?

Dr. Benjamin Chun
Ophthalmology
In brief: Need exam
Myopia, astigmatism, and corneal thickness are some of the variables that need to be checked.
So you really need to be examined. Every surgeon is different, but generally anything above -8.00 may have more risks....

In brief: Need exam
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Benjamin Chun
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology
In brief: Possibly
In general, lasik or prk can be performed on individuals with prescriptions well over -10d in the United States.
The most important determinants for candidacy are whether your corneas are healthy and thick enough for the treatment, how well you can see with your best prescription lenses now, if you have any retinal issues that need to be treated, and whether you have appropriate expectiations.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery