I have suddenly noticed a green vein going across my chest and my areola. I am due for my period, had a normal breast ultrasound last week.

Watch and wait. You may watch and wait. If there are no symptoms and no more veins appear, you may ignore it. If you have pain, swelling, discharge or a lump, see your doctor.
For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form.
Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Get HPV vaccine, if you are under 27 years of age.