I get very severe pains in the abdomen on the left hand side. What could this be?

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Many things
From constipation to diverticvular disease to tumor or colitis.
You need to see a colorectal surgeon or gastroenterologist and get an appropriate diagnostic work up.

In brief: Many things
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice
In brief: Seek urgent care
I recommend seeking urgent care to catch if something is serious.

In brief: Seek urgent care
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Kristi Kohl
In brief: Bowel kidney spleen
Anatomically, the organs on the left side are the spleen and kidney in the upper left abdomen and the bowel (small and large) over the rest of the left side.
Women also have a uterus and left ovary. Abdominal pain can be serious and you should see your doctor for a full history of your complaint and physical exam. Vomiting, fever, or worsening pain mean that you should be seen emergently.

In brief: Bowel kidney spleen
Dr. Kristi Kohl
Dr. Kristi Kohl
Dr. Jack Hinkle