Why is an abdominal CT not a good diagnostic tool for rectal bleeding and blood on stool and paper?

Most lesions are sma. Most lesions that cause rectal bleeding are either small (causing microscopic bleeding) or obvious (hemorrhoids & such). For small lesions, CT scans have a resolution limit & the smaller the lesion, the less diagnostic the images. For obvious lesions, you get much more out of a colonoscopy/proctoscopy (where the lesion can even be treated) than a CT scan. CT scans are expensive; see your GI doc.