Are there any conservative treatments for an impacted wisdom tooth. Minor swelling and some pain on & off. Due to other health reasons, surgery is out?

Keep tooth. Some people live with impacted wisdom teeth for a long time - it is stuck under the skin and won't "erupt" like the normal teeth. Best to check with your dentist to be certain there is no infection or other reason for to do something more. I don't know of a "conservative" approach for removing the tooth other than extraction or surgery.
Wisdom teeth. Recurrent swelling/pain often indicates chronic infection. See a specialist Oral Surgeon for examination/x-rays to determine position of wisdom teeth, signs of infection, signs of damage to surrounding tissues and adjacent teeth. After a focused examination the Oral Surgeon can guide you based on the diagnostic findings.