Peeling (top skin layer), VERY itchy skin on palms & fingers of both hands. Have used OTC creams with salicylic acid, benedryl, etc...did not work.

Contact /irritant. Both contact allergy (from a contact allergen) and an irritant (solvent, excessive hand washing ) can cause itchy hand dermatitis. The answer is avoidance of the offending agent (may need to see allergist or dermatologist to help you identify the agent). Salicylic acid will cause peeling on anyone and Benadryl will do nothing for the rash. No improvement until after avoidance.