I have had a bone bruise in my left foot for 2 months now, I was in an aircast boot for 5 weeks, had meds and a steroid injection. Nothing works and pain is increasing. What gives????

Dr. Carl kgabo Tabane
Sports Medicine

In brief: Further examination

Advise further assessment by your Dr.

In brief: Further examination

Advise further assessment by your Dr.

In brief: Ortho

You need a consultation with Orthopaedic Surgery, you may have a fracture that was not evident on initial X-Rays and I think you need a CT scan.
Stop weight bearing on your foot and see Orthopaedics in clinic. Studies show that there is sometimes a radiographic lag seen in the diagnosis of fractures, and you also may have a missed Lisfranc injury. Stay calm and see ortho.

In brief: Ortho

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Further wu

If you had an injury and foot pain, and were told you had a probable bone bruise because your X-rays were normal and did not show a fracture, you may want to consider further workup such as an MRI which can at least confirm the diagnosis but also rule out other potential causes of your pain such as a ligament or tendon injury.

In brief: Further wu

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: More than a feeling.

There are arguably 26 bones in the foot.
Which bone was the bruised one, as that would help in the assessment. It sound more like something else is also an issue. More diagnostics are needed to get to the real issue.

In brief: More than a feeling.

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine