I can see new veins bulging out and my leg is extremely sore, tender to the touch and swollen. Best course of action?

Dr. Norman Chideckel
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Leg pain

some of the symptoms that she will are describing are not consistent with varicose vein issues, specifically the tingling and numbness.
These symptoms are more suggestive of a nerve compression and also may be the issue of the pain shooting down the leg. I would recommend that she will seek evaluation by your physician to determine the appropriate specialty that she evaluate this problem.

In brief: Leg pain

Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Thomas Anker

In brief: DVT, seek attn. now.

It sounds like you may have what is called a deep venous thrombosis (DVT), a clot in the vein of your leg.
This is very dangerous if it travels further up the body into your lungs, and so, you need to seek immediate medical attention at an emergency department. I hope you do not have a DVT but we must make sure. Could also be nerve pain, insufficiency, or inflamed but DVT needs to be ruled out.

In brief: DVT, seek attn. now.

Dr. Thomas Anker
Dr. Thomas Anker
Dr. Jack Hinkle