My wife has just had a pregnancy test and has a HCG level of 7139 IU/L. Are you able to determine when conception was?

Conception date. Estimation of due date and conception usually can be made from the lmp or via scan for confirmation of date. At every point of pregnancy, hcg can have a range and cannot be used alone to establish due date or conception date. If a patient LMP is uncertain, then the best thing is to get scan to establish due date and estimate the conception date from the scan.
Good luck.
Ultrasound. Sonograms are useful in estimating due date and conception date. Blood levels are not useful in date estimates.