Mom/echo show hypertensive heart disease grade1last year, can it be reversed after gastric bypass? She had HTN with meds, now v. low pressure no meds, why

Syndrome X. Your mom's obesity was causing HTN, which in turn was stressing her heart. After gastric bypass & weight loss, the BP improved, so she's off medications - good! However, the structural changes on the heart from the stress will take longer to reverse, if at all. Time frame is 6 months to 10+ years. Some BP meds actually help this remodeling; others hinder it. tTYD or use HealthTap Prime to discuss.
Possibly, yes. After gastric bypass and with significant weight loss there are many benefits frequently seen. Many people foe example no longer need medication for high blood pressure and many diabetic patients see improved sugar control.
The early signs of hypertensive heart disease on echo include among other things a thicker ventricle muscle and this may normalize with better BP control.
Hope this helps.