Can surgery help heart failure?

Surgery. Transplantation
If you have very severe heart failure, a heart transplant may be an option. Heart transplants can be very successful but they aren't suitable for everybody because of the risks of surgery. There are also a limited number of donor hearts available.

Valve replacement
If your heart failure is caused by one or more of the valves in your heart not working properly, replacing these valves may improve your symptoms.

Coronary artery bypass graft
If your heart failure is caused by coronary heart disease, you may be offered a coronary artery bypass graft. This aims to bypass your blocked arteries to increase the blood flow to your heart. This can help to improve the pumping action of your heart.