What causes frozen shoulder?

Causes of Frozen Shoulder. The bones, ligaments and tendons that make up your shoulder joint are encased in a capsule of connective tissue. Frozen shoulder occurs when this capsule thickens and tightens around the shoulder joint, restricting its movement.

The exact causes of frozen shoulder are not known, but there are a number of risk factors:

Gender and age
People aged 40 or above are more likely to develop frozen shoulder.

Immobility
People with prolonged immobility due to rotator cuff injury, broken arm, stroke or other surgeries will have a higher risk of developing frozen shoulder.

Systemic diseases
People with certain medical conditions are predisposed to this disease. They include:
Diabetes
• Parkinson’s disease
Hypothyroidism
Hyperthyroidism
• Cardiac disease
• Tuberculosis
.