What is the treatment for fatty liver?

Treatment of fatty liver disease. If you have alcoholic liver disease, it’s essential that you stop drinking alcohol. If you don’t stop drinking alcohol, fatty liver disease can develop into alcoholic hepatitis and then cirrhosis in the future. If you stop drinking, it’s likely that your liver will recover from fatty liver disease and hepatitis. To make sure you get the right support to help you to stop drinking, talk to your doctor.

If you have non-alcoholic liver disease, there is no specific treatment for it. However, making changes to your lifestyle can help to reduce the amount of fat in your liver. Losing excess weight, increasing the amount of activity you do and treating other conditions, such as diabetes and high cholesterol, can all help to reduce the amount of fat in your liver.
.