I'm having calf pain down to my ankle and i think it's my sural nerve, what can I do until i see a dr. And can they help me?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: I would make sure

You don't have a DVT in your calf, that could be life threatening.

In brief: I would make sure

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
2 comments
Dr. Bahman Omrani
Calf pain without knowing any further information = DVT, unless proven otherwise.
Dr. Paul Harper
It would not be your sural nerve, it would be a sural vein. You need to prove that it is not a clot. See your doctor.
Dr. Bahman Omrani
Pain Management

In brief: Sural Nerve

More common things cause calf pain than sural nerve entrapment of neuritis.
If in fact present, icing, anti-inflammatories, prevention of further irritation & proper footwear can help. Injections, physical therapy & surgery are all options and dictated based o the specifics of the presentation. If due to a vascular or autoimmune etiology, the treatment may vary.

In brief: Sural Nerve

Dr. Bahman Omrani
Dr. Bahman Omrani
Dr. Eric Weisman