How can I prevent from getting kidney stone?

Prevention of kidney stones. Knowing the exact cause and kind of stone enables people to make changes that can help prevent further stones.

To help prevent any type of stone, fluid intake should be 2.5 to 3 litres per day. Water is best.

People who get calcium stones should cut down on foods that have high levels of oxalates (meat, chicken, fish, asparagus, nuts and berries, chocolate, cooked spinach, rhubarb, tea and coffee). However, not everyone will benefit from cutting down their calcium intake. It's important to first discuss any dietary changes with a doctor.

Those who get uric acid stones should eat less meat, fish and poultry. Preventative medicine may be also be prescribed to control the level of acid in the urine.

People who get "infection" stones need to keep the urine free of bacteria that can cause infection. This may involve taking long-term antibiotics.
.