I took a blood test a year ago and my hemoglobin was 12.5 which is normal however I experience all symptoms of low iron and it gets worse after period?

Pathology

In brief: Need to examine

If you have heavy bleeding during menstruation, you could have lost enough blood and iron over the past year that you may be anemic now.
You may wish to see your doctor and get tested again. Alternatively you could take oral iron and multivitamin supplements, available over the counter. If iron causes constipation, take pills with meals and take a fiber laxative like Metamucil + plenty of water.
For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form.
Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Get HPV vaccine

In brief: Need to examine

Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Get HPV vaccine
Dr. Jane Van Dis