Hello, I have crohns disease and many antibiotics causes a sever flare up. I've had strep for almost 6wks now. Im allergic to penicillin, so that limi?

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Which abx?

If you are truly allergic to penicillin, erythromycin would work for strep infection as well unless you have had an adverse reaction to it.
If your problem is primarily GI, consider taking a probiotic with antibiotic in the future. May check with allergist to find out if you are still allergic to penicillin as well. By the way, there are good biologics which are effective for Crohn's disease.

In brief: Which abx?

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Adam Smith