I noticed that whenever I tap any of my (both) thumbs on abductor thenar part,this muscle twitches and jumps.I am worried I have als.Should I get emg?

Pathology

In brief: Normal response

Stretching the muscle and especially the tendon of a muscle makes it contract as a normal response.

For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form.
Practice safe sex, if you have sex.

In brief: Normal response

Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine