I woke up this morning to a metallic smell and it lasted all day, I also had headache, nausea and dizziness along with it. Later food tasted like metal too. What could cause this?

Dr. Alphonso Brown
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Metallic taste

There are many possible causes for your symptoms but one that is likely is that you had acid reflux.
Acid reflux can result in a metallic taste in your mouth and symptoms are usually worse in the morning because you have had no food overnight to buffer the effects of stomach acid. Try Omeprazole 20 mg 15 minutes before your first meal. This should help your symptoms.

In brief: Metallic taste

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine