Change in creatinine level from 1.3 to 1.4 mg/dL (in less than a year) 34 yr male. GFR is 58. All other CMP test results are in normal range. Asked t?

Dr. Alphonse Ekole

In brief: CKD

With a GFR less than 60 you are considered as having chronic kidney disease.
You need your kidney function monitored every 3 to 6 months.
Consult your doctor for this.
Eat low salt food, Low proteins and cholesterol, Increase fruits and vegetables in your diet.

In brief: CKD

Consult your doctor for this.
Dr. Alphonse Ekole
Dr. Alphonse Ekole
Pathology

In brief: Big picture

Estimates of the GFR are meaningless in athletic adults -- the formula is subscientific and they are provided primarily so that clinicians can adjust the doses of medications on sick and dying people.
If you are building muscle, your creatinine will go up. When I was lifting weights daily, mine ran 1.7-1.8 despite my being perfectly healthy. How's your UA and urine concentrating ability?

In brief: Big picture

Dr. Arnon Rubin