What are my chances of getting pregnant when I have stage 2 endometriosis and my fiance has klinefelter's syndrome?

Dr. Michael Fox
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Low, depends
Kleinfelter's males have sperm on testicular biopsy in 20-40% of cases.
Pregnancies have been achieved with ivf. The overall chances with that factor alone are low. Donor sperm offers an alternative. The endometriosis pregnancy rate depends primarily on the female's age. < 35 is preferable to have maximal chances. Treatment complexity depends on age as well.

In brief: Low, depends
Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology
In brief: Very remote
Almost all men with klinefelter's are infertile.
Your chances of fertility, provided the endometriosis is well managed, are reasonable. You might consider artificial insemination!

In brief: Very remote
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Hugo Ribot
In brief: Depends
As far as the endometriosis is concerned, this can be completely removed which should correct any female infertility.
Unfortunately, between 95-99% of males with klinefelter syndrome are infertile due to poor sperm production. As long as you are willing to use donor sperm, your chances of conceiving a pregnancy should be excellent. It may require a laparoscopic excision of the endometriosis.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Hugo Ribot
Dr. Hugo Ribot
2 comments
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
I second Dr Ribot's opinion on the treatment of the endometriosis, and perform similar surgery. Most males wtih Klinefelter are not naturally fertile, but in some cases IVF can be performed.
Dr. Hugo Ribot
Only by reviewing your surgical and pathology reports could I give you an assessment of how effectively the endo was treated in these previous laparoscopies; most docs treat by fulguration (cauterizing or burning) whereas only EXCISION - cutting out is guaranteed to remove it from a particular location; you can come for a second opinion. See www.cartersvilleobgyn.com
Dr. Wayne Ingram
In brief: Depends on treatment
Stage ii endometriosis, if treated, can restore fertility for females.
Klinefelter's syndrome is a xxy( extra chromosome) condition in males that can cause a absence or diminution in his sperm count. He needs a sperm analysis to determine his impregnating capabilities.

In brief: Depends on treatment
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Fertility Medicine
In brief: See a Fertility MD
Stage 3-4 endometriosis often causes diminished ovarian reserve (lower egg numbers & quality) as well as adhesions around the tubes or ovaries.
After 4 laparoscopies the chances of further surgery helping you to get pregnant are lower. Many with severe endo. Need ivf, and depo-lupron before ivf may help. Your fiance needs a semen analysis; very low sperm counts are treated with icsi or donor sperm.

In brief: See a Fertility MD
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Khurram Rehman
2 comments
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Depo Provera may help to suppress the endo but will not help with fertility. A HSG test will check your tubes. Sonogram, AMH and Clomid challenge tests check your egg supply. Guys with Klinefelters usually have sperm issues but can have healthy kids with treatment. A Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility specialist can check you both out and offer treatment choices. Best wishes.
Dr. Khurram Rehman
We don't use words like 'useless' ... One patient of mine was told one of her ovaries was 'small and shriveled up' - she went on to have a healthy child through IVF.
Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Qs 4 REI, Urol, etc
I appreciate your updated comment "my endo has actually been spreading and is now stage 3-4.
Already have had 4 laps to remove the endo and adhesions and now my gyno doesn't know what to do from here. Any suggestions?" the conditions mentioned in the question are complex disorders so i will refer it to urologists and subspecialists in fertility. Thanks for asking.

In brief: Qs 4 REI, Urol, etc
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
2 comments
Dr. George Klauber
The spreading endometriosis really is in the realm of a gynecologist. Dr. Ribot's answer regarding Klinefelters is spot on
Dr. Pam Yoder
Thanks for your comment and also your answer, Dr Klauber.
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery