Have genital herpes. No visible outbreak at time of sex & used a condom but base of penis was partly exposed. What are the chances of HIV?

It depends. Herpes doe snot have much to do with HIV except both of theses conditions are called STDs(sexually transmitted disease).
There is a good blood test to find out if you have HIV infection. It is a commonly done test if a person has multiple sex partners.
Low, but depends. Who did you have sex with? Was it a commercial sex worker? Even if it was an unreliable partner, your risk is low. Get an HIV nucleic acid test at 6 months after this episode, to be sure.