How do I feed my baby if it is too tired to breastfeed?

In brief: Set a good pattern

One of the best ways to establish an efficient breasting pattern is to do it first.
As you get baby up from a nap, start baby at the breast and let him/her use their energy to to their job first. Diaper changes and other maintainance can wait and don't require their assistance.

In brief: Set a good pattern

Dr. Laura Webb

In brief: Wake up baby

Many babies, especially newborns, will tend to fall asleep at the breast.
If you do not feel your baby is finished you need to keep him/her awake to continue the feeding. A couple ways to do this is tickle their feed, take off some of their clothes, talk to them, etc. If your baby is not waking for any feeds see your pediatrician as this could be a sign of illness.

In brief: Wake up baby

Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Shontae Buffington