Left artery heart bypass surgery what are the complications if any?

Many benefits & risk. You are a male 54 and bypass surgery. The society of thoracic surgeons (sts) has many resources. You can expect that the benefits of chest pain, heart function and other will be helpful. The risks of surgery are death bleeding infection stroke. It is a common surgery and has long track record of benefits. Ask your surgeon and cardiologist and friends about their experience. You are not alone.
Talk to your surgeon. Hi there, you better go through the risks with your surgeon. He/she would be the best person to talk to.