I stubbed 2 toes 7 months ago, x-rays show normal, but too much walking causes discomfort and slight discoloration. Tips do not bend backwards anymore?

In brief: Contusion

At times if the initial injury wasn't immobilized appropriately, you will continue to have pain and discomfort during select periods of activity.
You may want to consider altering your shoegear if you experience pain in certain shoes. If the pain persists, I would recommend seeing a podiatrist for an MRI to r/o any soft tissue or boney injury that may have not shown up on plain xrays.

In brief: Contusion

Dr. Rondrick Williamson
Dr. Rondrick Williamson
Dr. Vicken Poochikian