I am experiencing vomiting and heartburn (gerd) (worsened by: eating certain foods) . The following also describe me: Upper abdominal pain, Stomach u?

In brief: Depends on severity

Normal, healthy, young people can get the stomach flu or food poisoning symptoms from time to time.
A patient will usually vomit until her stomach is all empty, which is why it is important to NOT eat or drink anything for a few hours afterwards. After that, a common treatment is small amounts of Pedialyte or broth, maybe 1 ounce every half hour while awake. A primary doctor can evaluate and help.

In brief: Depends on severity

Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery