Hy doctor How can we find colon cancer through stool test ???I checked my stool and founded pus cells 1-3/hpf,rbc cells 0-3 hpf and there is no mucous i have pain in my stomach is there any problem??

Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: No good stool test

No good stool test exists at present to dx colon cancer.
That is why colonoscopy still employed. Cologuard is a stool test that measures gene mutations and can suggest the potential for eventually or possibly developing the disease but not whether it is already present. We have shown that a stool ELISA measuring the protein mutated MUC5ac will indicate whether cancer is or is not present.

In brief: No good stool test

Dr. Myron Arlen
Dr. Myron Arlen
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery