My baby is tired all the time, should I take him to see the doctor?

In brief: Yes, see a doctor
No normal baby is "tired all the time".
Baby humans, like baby animals, are active, happy, and excitable little guys. If a young baby seems always tired, have a doctor evaluate because there may be a problem with anemia, heart defects, chemical/salt imbalances, blood sugar, hormones, toxins/poisoning, a neurological problem, or even an infection.

In brief: Yes, see a doctor
No normal baby is "tired all the time".
Dr. Julia Lee
In brief: Babies need sleep
It is normal for newborn babies to sleep 16 to 20 hours a day.
When awake the baby should feed well and have active and playful periods. If this is not the case, further evaluation may be necessary.

In brief: Babies need sleep
Dr. Julia Lee
Dr. Julia Lee
Dr. Shontae Buffington