A 25 year old man. I am hairy. I have hairy shoulders and even some appearing on my earlobes. I have got more hairy since I was 18. Is this normal?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

The amount of body hair both men and women have is highly variable; the range of normal is very wide.
Hair growth is strongly correlated with the amount of androgen (testosterone) hormones. As you matured, likely more of these hormones were produced. Dealing with it is personal preference. I would say at least carefully trim your earlobes with scissors. Ask intimate partners about preferences:)

Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Jonathan Jassey