In relation to snoring or sleep apnoea, would you recommend the UPPP (Uvulopalatoplasty/Uvulectomy) procedure?

Never before study. Unless you have had a sleep study by someone trained in the field I would NEVER consider surgery. If such a study shows proper restorative sleep snoring is more a cosmetic/ social issue than health risk & can be approached with less aggressive means. If it reveals true sleep apnea at a treatable level, the management options would be discussed at that time.
It depends. Whether the UPPP works or not depends on the level of the obstruction. The UPPP is often misused, and results are therefore poor. CPAP is a good alternative, and in fact I would recommend it first before surgery.
In addition, no amount of surgery or appliances etc will help if you do not address other factors, such as weight loss. Most adults with OSA are overweight and you HAVE to lose weight.
Sleep apnoea. I would recommend CPAP.