My parotid gland is swollen, just on the left side. I have flu, so checking it is related to that?

Unlikely. Flu is s systemic disease. Therefore, one would expect BOTH sides to be affected. Similarly with mumps.
It is possible that some of the lymph glands around the parotid, rather than the gland itself, are enlarged. It is also possible that you DO have a parotitis, caused by direct infection of the gland,or because of stasis of saliva from dehydration from the flu.If it persists, please see a Dr.
Secondary issue. Although the flu won't cause parotid issues, dehydration can. The duct that runs from the parotid duct (Stenson's Duct) is commonly blocked by mucous plugging. If you're a bit dehydrated for any reason you may be at risk for this issue. Drink LOTS of water and try some sour candy to get the gland flowing again. If that doesn't work, see an oral surgeon or an ENT to get it evaluated.
Mumps. It is not normal to be part of the regular flu or cold. It could be mumps. It could also be swollen lymph glands , however have it checked out by a local GP. .