Is there really any difference between 600, and 800 mg ibuprofen? What is the strongest NSAID available OTC?

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Minimal

I believe there is minimal difference between the 2 dosages but some people might feel a little better with the 800 mg vs the 600 mg.
Aleve is the other most common NSAID and again I think the compatible. Some people may respond better to one versus another. Good luck

In brief: Minimal

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

Is there a difference between $600 and $800? Too much can cause liver damage, so don't mess around.
Talk w/ the druggist - or a few if they are nt expert - or your trusted Dr if you have one. But don't mess w/ you liver - it's a vital organ. If the pain is chronic, discuss a referral for CBT to learn mgmt skills.

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Vikram Patel