Bug bite area that is red, itchy, warm to touch and swollen. The area is getting larger. What's the best way to treat?

Bug bites. Try benadryl and some ibuprofen. Also apply topical cool compress. Some topical cortisone may help too. If fever, not improving or worsening redness, swellng or SOB get checked.
Cellulitis/Abscess. Studies show that oftentimes people blame a subcutaneous abscess/cellulitis on a bug bite. It may or may not be a bug bite. In your area of the country, ruling out a tick bite is also a good idea. You need to upload a picture. If you have redness, swelling, spreading of that redness, you need treatment for a bacterial skin infection (cellulitis) or abscess. Upload picture consult me.