Friable mass on cervix. No hpv diagnosis. Last pap a year ago was normal. Getting a biopsy. What could the mass be?

Polyp. It may be a polyp arising from the glands in the cervical canal. It is likely that the whole mass would be removed, rather than a biopsy.
Wish you good health!
For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form.
Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Get HPV vaccine.