Hi , I'm having pain when I move my leg outward and inward and sometimes climbing up stairs. The pain seems to be deep inside where my inner thigh/hip meets, and feels like a sharp pain with those movements. No swelling noticed, but I am overweight.

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Groin pain

Pain in that area on hip movements can be due to an inguinal ligament or muscle strain or from hip joint arthritis or bursitis.
A hernia can also occur in that region. Your physician can get a good idea of the cause by examination of the groin and by manipulations of the hip joint.

In brief: Groin pain

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Steven Seres