On metronidazle for a vaginal bacterial imbalance and I wasn't told not to drink alcohol while on it by my doctor. But I'm having bad hot flashes now and i read the instructions and it says not to drink on it cause it can cause sickness or hot flashe?

Dr. Harold Mandel
General Practice

In brief: No alcohol!

You should not drink alcohol while you are taking metronidazole and for a minimum of 3 days after you stop taking this drug.
Drinking alcohol with this drug can cause unpleasant side effects such as faster heartbeats, warmth or redness underneath your skin, a tingly feeling, nausea, and vomiting. I wish you well with your health!

In brief: No alcohol!

Dr. Sudeshan Govender

In brief: Drug interactions

Alcohol is contra indicated in patients on Metronidazole due to severe side effects e.
g. Palpitations, nausea and vomiting and skin reactions. Suggest avoid alcohol for 3days after cessation of medication.

In brief: Drug interactions

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham