My tsh is 34 and free t3 is 3.0 and t4 is 13. Ive been on synthroid for years. My last tsh reading was 0.88. Its a huge increase. What would cause th?

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu

In brief: TSH

Of 34 may indicate a need for increasing Levothyroxine dose in consultation with an Endocrinologist.
The rest of the functions will be affected by your TGB level as well as the Synthroid you are taking

In brief: TSH

Pathology

In brief: Repeat test

All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that.
Having said that, your doctor may want to repeat the test, to ensure that TSH is reproducibly elevated.

In brief: Repeat test

Dr. Arnon Rubin