I get night sweats and my arms fall asleep. This has happened all my life. I am fairly active but work very long hours. ?

Pathology
In brief: Two separate things
Try reducing the temperature in your bedroom and reducing the amount of covers to alleviating sweating.
Adjust your sleep posture to avoid putting pressure on the arms, e.g., do not put your arm under your head. Try to keep the arms straight to avoid pinching the nerves at the elbow.

In brief: Two separate things
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: "all my life"
The key here is "all my life".
Two very serious causes of night sweats are tuberculosis and lymphoma. You have neither. Rejoice! keep your bedroom cooler. Your arms will fall asleep when you sleep on them & compress them. (ps consider working shorter hours - life is short).

In brief: "all my life"
The key here is "all my life".
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology