How can I get better sleep?

Agree w Dr. Rutledge. Retire & rise same time each day. Bedroom should be dark & cool - used only for sex & sleep. Turn off tv. No naps. Exercise regularly but not in late evening. No caffeine for 6 hrs & no alcohol or tobacco w/i 2 hrs of sleep. Dinner should be moderate sized & finished at least 2 to 3 hours before sleep. Can try warm milk, chamomile tea or melatonin along w light reading, warm bath, lavender scent.
Sleep hygiene. Develop a sleep pattern and be regular in your sleep habits. Exercise 30 min. during the day, not before sleeping. Prepare for sleep with a ritual that relaxes you and gets you ready for rest (eg, meditation). Use a blindfold and ear plugs if light and sound interfere with your sleep. Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and all stimulants (including nicotine) for 6 hours before bedtime. Sleep well!