I'm 32, female, good health. I've just been told I have RBBB and LAV blocks in the heart. No symptoms. How life-threatening is this?

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: RBBB, LAD

If you mean RBBB and left anterior hemiblock or left axis deviation, I would have some concern about structural heart disease and, accordingly, I feel a cardiologist should evaluate and follow you.
I assume you had an echocardiogram already. If the EKG pattern hasn't changed over several years, it may have less significance and may be simply a conduction abnormality only that may not worsen.

In brief: RBBB, LAD

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Pathology

In brief: Get seen, but....

Many perfectly healthy adults have this stuff.
If you feel well, usually it means nothing.

In brief: Get seen, but....

Thanks for your kind words and the follow-up. I'm glad to be able to reassure you based on a lifetime in medicine. Best wishes.
Dr. Adam Levy