2 days ago i thought a maccoroni noodle went down the wrong tube and it felt stuck. Xray was clear but today i have a dry cough.could it be in my lung?

Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Need more info...

More info is needed to determine if the noodle could be in the airways and cause a problem. For example, how big was the noodle? Was it raw or cooked? If cooked, how soft? Did you cough or feel a choking sensation? See a lung doctor who could perform a bronchoscopy, if needed, where a small lighted scope is inserted into the airways and any foreign body could be visualized and removed.

In brief: Need more info...

Dr. Brad Goldenberg

In brief: Possibly

Small amounts of organic material, even if its food will be broken down and eventually reabsorbed, larger particles can cause issues.
..

In brief: Possibly

..
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Management

I would advise close follow up, since even with a clear chest radiograph, there can be a something lodged in the lower airway.
If you have any persistent cough, especially without cold symptoms or worsening cough, please see your PCP.

In brief: Management

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology