Should I stop birthcontrol pills if I do not get a period anymore?

Dr. John Bucek
In brief: It may help
Some women get very light periods after long term use of birth control pills.
If your period was getting lighter and lighter then seeing it go away may be from using the pill. Stopping the medicine may allow your own period to come back. Remember you may get pregnant even with no recent period.

In brief: It may help
Dr. John Bucek
Dr. John Bucek
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Don't be afraid of this benefit of the birth control pill. I do not recommend stopping the pill for this reason.
Dr. Miguel Cano
In brief: Nope
First check and make sure you're not pregnant.
If not, enjoy one of the nice side effects of ocps and keep taking them regularly. No bleeding so no anemia, no ovulation pain, no painful menses, no late night tampon runs, and no pregnancy...Way cool...

In brief: Nope
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham