My foot hurts under 3rd toe. Throbs in morning before l get up. Mri ok, told pain is from back. If its coming from back why would it throb in morning?

Dr. Sanjay Patel
Podiatry

In brief: Pain under 3rd toe

could be due to local irritation of tissues in your foot near base of the toes or it could be also a local nerve issue as well.
See a foot specialist and when you go see him or her, have some idea of how does it bother your toe, what did you wear that day and what activities did you do etc.....see if there is a pattern is what I meant. That way the doctor will be able to help you better.

In brief: Pain under 3rd toe

Dr. Sanjay Patel
Dr. Sanjay Patel
Dr. Jason Novick
Podiatry

In brief: Pain

Maybe you sleep in a position.
that puts pressure on the nerve branch which goes to your foot. Does the foot pain go away when you stand? You may need an EMG exam which tests for individual nerve problems. The MRI can show if a nerve is enlarged or damaged but gives no information about how the nerve is functioning

In brief: Pain

Maybe you sleep in a position.
Dr. Jason Novick
Dr. Jason Novick
Dr. Jack Hinkle