How much atenolol do you need to block adrenaline at dentist as get high bp?

Dr. Laurentiu Boeru
Anesthesiology

In brief: Betablocker need

Take your regular dose as usual in the morning of the dental appointment.
You do not need to increase the dose. Adrenalin release because of anxiety, fear or temporary pain is a short event. If you take more, the blood pressure and especially the heart rate can be at dangerous lower levels otherwise since they last longer time.

In brief: Betablocker need

Dr. Laurentiu Boeru
Dr. Laurentiu Boeru
Dr. James Goodpaster
I would like to add that ALL patients on any meds for hypertension should make sure they take those medications as prescribed - especially before dental treatment. The #1 reason I have to reschedule a patient's treatment is that their BP is too high and almost invariably they tell me they didn't take their meds that day!
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology