Sprained ankle yesterday. Today vein near the sprain is bulging and is blue. Does this put me at risk for DVT? How would I know?

Some elevated risk. Recent studies have shown that even seemingly "minor" injuries can increase the possibility of developing DVT in the lower extremity. Other considerations are age, mobility and general health. It is important to be aware of the potential problem and watch for the symptoms of clot formation. Consult with a physician if you have any suspicion of this potentially catastrophic condition.