Take Prilosec and my heartburn is under control. When off pain comes back. Do Prilosec or other PPIs only mask stomach cancer?

See doctor. Your symptoms suggest, H pylori infection in the stomach and it can be treated with antibiotics. It would be prudent to see a doctor for proper evaluation and treatment. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.