I'm sure I have a cavity in a lower tooth. I have dentist apptmt in 2.5 days. However, I also have slight numbness in lower jaw. Should I see dr soone?

Dr. Louise Andrew
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Nerve is affected

You should notify the dentist's office and they might possibly bump you earlier but probably it is not dangerous.
Only if you had marked swelling, redness of the skin, a fever, would it become emergent. Good luck!

In brief: Nerve is affected

Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

Numbness indicates infection is spreading.
Inflammation causes pressure on nerve, resulting in numbness. Call Dentist's office. They may want to see you sooner and/or begin antibiotic therapy.

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Marsha Davis